We would like to offer you reassurance during this difficult time if you or a loved one are thinking about seeking treatment at Parkland Place.
Parkland Place continues to operate as normal and we’ve taken several steps to ensure that our service operates safely and with minimum disruption.
Here are some of the measures we are taking to ensure the continuity of our service whilst protecting the safety of our staff and guests:
- All staff are checked to ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms and should any staff, or their immediate relatives have contact with experience symptoms, they will be told to remain isolated at home for a period of fourteen days. All guests are also checked on a daily basis to ensure they are not exhibiting symptoms, including temperature checks and physical observations.
- Both guests and staff have been reminded about personal hygiene and encouraged to wash their hands frequently and cough or sneeze into tissues. With this in mind, extra hand wash, sanitiser, and tissues are located in all communal areas of the building.
- We have increased our housekeeping hours in our facilities to ensure day all surfaces undergo a thorough clean twice a day to minimise any risks with extra attention being paid to bathrooms, dining rooms, food preparation areas, door handles, light switches, lift buttons, computer keyboards and remote controls.
- Our assessment and admission procedures have been adapted to ensure we are screening potential guests before they even arrive at our service and no guests will be admitted to our service who don’t meet the strict criteria for admission.
- With the increase in threat of Coronavirus (Covid-19), please be assured that Parkland Place are prioritising the health and wellbeing of both guests and staff.
We have taken several proactive steps to face the challenge and we continue to be advised by the government, the World Health Organisation (WHO) and by our own regulatory bodies as we will continue to monitor developments to ensure the actions we take are comprehensive and suitable, while ensuring we can continue to be able to provide a service to our guests and help them lay the foundations for long term recovery.
We are also looking at ways of delivering rehab support using Online Rehab video conferencing tools.
The Parkland Place team